Student Guide – Accessing Panther Career Net (PCN)
1. Access PCN via the University Career Services site. Scroll down, and click the blue paw.
2. From this page, use the student login portal on the left.
3. Current Students: Log in using your Campus ID and Password. New Students: Please ask for assistance logging in, as your information may not be entered into PCN until you have begun attending classes.
Updating Your Profile
• Hover over My Account and select My Profile.
• You will see sections containing Personal Information, Demographic
Information, Skills and Additional Information.
- Each section will have an [Edit] link. Click on this link or on the tabs at the top of your profile to edit fields within the section.
- Carefully go through each section and complete all of the fields making sure to click Save. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
Note: The more detailed you fill out your profile; the better University Career Services will be able to assist you.
Uploading Your Documents
- Hover over My Account and select My Documents.
- Find the document type that you wish to upload, and click Add.
- Click Choose File to find your document.
- Select the correct document.
- Name it.
- Click Save.
Note: When uploading more than one document, make sure your most generic resume is your default. Your default résumé is the document that employers can view when accessing our system.
Searching for Jobs and Internships
- Hover over Search Jobs and Internships and select Search Jobs and Internships.
- Fill in the search criteria to narrow down your job search OR just click Search (without entering any search criteria) to view all current jobs.
- Click on the Job ID to see the specifics of the position and how to apply.
- To save jobs to favorites, click the green star icon next to the job record in the search results or click Add to Favorites in the job profile.
- Click My Favorites on the left navigation bar to see your favorite jobs.
- A yellow star will be displayed next to jobs you have saved.
- A green star will appear next to jobs that you have saved and to which you have submitted your résumé.
In our system, you will only be able to apply to Interviews that you are qualified for under the Interview Schedules menu.
- Hover over Interview Schedules and select Sign-Up For Interviews I Qualify For.
- Click on the Schedule ID to see the specifics of the position and how to apply. If this is a Preselect schedule, then you will be requesting to be interviewed. If this is an Open schedule, then you will be allowed to choose an open interview timeslot.
In our system, you will be able to look at all current interviews in the system under the Interview Schedules menu, but you cannot apply or sign up on these interviews.
- Put your cursor over Interview Schedules and select VIEW ALL Upcoming Interviews.
- Fill in the search criteria to narrow down your interview schedule search OR just click Search (without entering any search criteria) to view all current interview schedules.
- Click on the Schedule ID to see the specifics of the position.
Searching for Career Events
- Click on the University Career Services Events tab.
- You will see a list of all current Career Events (Career Fairs, workshops, information sessions, etc.)
- To view details, employers registered and/or RSVP, click on the Event’s name.
Note: Not all events accept RSVPs or allow students to search the list of employers registered.
Viewing Your Activity
- Hover over My Account and select My Activity.
- There are four types of activity that you can view:
- Referrals – These are resume referrals that you’ve submitted to an employer’s job, our office has submitted on your behalf, or an employer has downloaded your resume.
- Hires – These are current job placements and details of those.
- Schedules – The Schedule Activity shows any interviews, information sessions, or waiting lists that you are signed up for. You can also see any Pre-selection Activity that is still pending for you, under the Preselection Activity section.
- Event Registrations – These are the Events that you are currently RSVP’d for.
If you have questions or experience difficulty logging in to Panther Career Net, please contact University Career Services at 404-413-1820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.